Our Toddler Program is for children between the ages of 18 months and 3 years. The Toddler Room is has room for 16 children plus lockers, play area, and activity centres. This program is designed to help build independence, creativity, language skills, simple arithmetics, and so much more! This program sets children up for success in preschool.
Toddlers Daily Routine
- Arrival/Free Play: Children arrive in the centre and participate in self-directed play.
- Open Snack: Snack is served between 8:45 to 9:15. Staff help children with hand washing and bathroom routine as needed.
- Outdoor/Child-directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) and help enhance fine and gross motor skills. Staff may take children on planned excursions to the park, public library and museums.
- Bathroom Routine: Staff help the children in the bathroom and with hand washing. Staff will change diapers if needed.
- Craft Time: Children engage in open-ended crafts related to a weekly or monthly educational theme. Staff prepare crafts and/or projects for the children and assist in learning, developing, and exploring creativity.
- Circle Time/Group Discussion: Children participate in group discussion, reading books, listening stories, dramatic play, music exploration, etc.
- Lunch Time: Staff prepare and serve lunch, then sit and interact with children while they eat. Staff help children with hand washing and bathroom routine as needed.
- Nap Time: Staff sit with children as they fall asleep. They do detailed cleaning of toys, documentation and prepare activities before the children wake up.
- Open Snack: Staff sit and interact with children while snack is being served. Staff help children with hand washing and bathroom routine as needed.
- Outdoor/Child-directed Play: Children participate in self-directed play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting)