Our Preschool Program is for children between the ages of 3 and 5.5. The Preschool Room is our largest room with space for 16 children, plus lockers, play area, and activity centres. This program is designed to prepare children for Kindergarten and grade school as they further develop language, arithmetic, motor, and interpersonal skills. Great for preparing children for Spanish Immersion or standard English education programs.
Preschool Daily Routine
- Arrival/Child-directed Play: As children arrive, they participate in self-directed play
- Clean-up/Hand washing: Children start transitions by cleaning up toys and hand washing before eating morning snack
- Open Snack: Morning snack is served. Children participate socially by sharing day’s events and social gatherings. Children help in cleaning up dishes and prepare for bathroom routine.
- Bathroom Routine: One staff assists the children in the bathroom as needed.
- Gross Motor Activities/Outdoor Play/Child-directed Play: Children engage in outdoor play (weather permitting). They do exercise, dizzy play and activities that focus on large muscles.
- Circle Time/Sharing Time: Children share stories and experiences during circle time, explore music and movement, and participate in pretend or dramatic play
- Craft Time: Children do crafts and/or projects to help them practice following instructions, develop creative thinking, and do project work.
- Open Lunch: Staff prepare and serve food. Staff and children eat together. Children help in cleaning up dishes.
- Bathroom Time: One staff assists the children in the bathroom as needed.
- Nap Time: Staff sit with children as they fall asleep. They do detailed cleaning of toys, documentation and prepare activities before the children wake up.
- Open Snack: Staff and children eat together. Children help in cleaning up dishes.
- Free Choice/Child Directed Play: Children play in different activity centres, do dizzy play, fine or gross motor activities, outdoor activities if weather permits. Bathroom routines as needed.