Infant Care Program
Our Infant Care Program is for children between the ages of 0 and 18 months. The Infant Room is our smallest room with space for 4 children plus lockers, play area, and activity centres. This program is designed to
Infants Daily Routine
- Arrival/Free Play: Children arrive in the centre and have open play time with other children, toys, stuffed animals, etc.
- Open Snack/Bottle: Snack is served between 8:45 to 9:15. Staff assist the children in hand washing.
- Outdoor/Child-directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) to enhance their fine and gross motor skills.
- Diapering Routine: Staff change diapers as needed.
- Craft Time: Simple, open-ended crafts are prepared for the children. Crafts are often related to an educational theme. Staff assist children as they learn, explore, and develop their creativity.
- Circle Time: Children participate in listening to stories, dramatic play, music exploration, group discussion, etc.
- Lunch Time/Diapering Routine: Staff sit and interact with children while lunch is being served. Staff help children with hand washing, eating, and diapering routine as needed.
- Nap Time: Staff sit with children as they fall asleep. They do detailed cleaning of toys, documentation and prepare activities before the children wake up.
- Open Snack/Bottle: Staff interact with children while snack is being served. Staff help children with hand washing, eating, and diapering routine as needed.
- Outdoor/Child-directed Play: Children participate in self-directed play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting)